[Marxism] [Critical-Syria] Re: Fwd: In blow to Trump, Syrian Kurds call on al-Assad to Save them from Turkey | Informed Comment

Nick Fredman nick.j.fredman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:37:52 MST 2018

The veracity of this report, is a bit unclear. Note previous reports of
secret deals to hand over Manbij and Raqqa to the regime have proved to be
completely false.

‘Aldar Khalil, a member of the Movement for a Democratic Society (TEV-DEM),
an umbrella organization made up of six political parties and civil society
institutions, including the Democratic Union Party (PYD), the leading
Kurdish party in northern Syria, told reporters they will defend Afrin and
will never hand it to the Syrian regime.

‘“Russians told us we would be safe and far from the Turkish attacks if we
leave Afrin for the Syrian regime, but we totally refuse that, and we will
defend it,” he said.

‘Additionally, Bahjat Abdo, a senior commander in the Syrian Kurdish
People’s Protection Units (YPG) and the Head of Defense Authority in Afrin,
said in an earlier exclusive interview with Kurdistan 24 that they would
never allow the Syrian regime to return to Afrin.

‘“We drove the Syrian regime out of Afrin five years ago, and it is
impossible to allow them back,” he said.’

Full <
http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/fbc1518b-a259-4b8d-9433-ebc0ed802ca4>