[Marxism] French Companies Have Newfound Freedom … to Fire

Dan d.koechlin at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 26 23:02:50 MST 2018

The French working class, or should I say the French unions, are faced
with what the US and UK unions faced in the 1980s. There had been a 30
year "gap".

But now comes the time of reckoning. And unfortunately, French unions
can not withstand the power of international capital.

We went on strike for four days,but that didn't change the outcome. I,
and my union comrades, are now quite sure that unless unions grow in
membership, nothing can stop the current government. But French politics
come into play: The NPA really does its best, but Mélenchon's party is
dominant.