[Marxism] Fwd: Robert Parry’s Legacy and the Future of Consortiumnews – Consortiumnews

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jan 28 13:40:50 MST 2018

(I hated Robert Parry but like any number of journalists he had an
honorable and distinguished career before Syria.)

Robert Parry, editor and publisher of Consortiumnews.com, died
peacefully Saturday evening. In this tribute, his son Nat Parry
describes Robert’s unwavering commitment to independent journalism.

Robert Parry, 1949-2018

By Nat Parry

It is with a heavy heart that we inform Consortiumnews readers that
Editor Robert Parry has passed away. As regular readers know, Robert (or
Bob, as he was known to friends and family) suffered a stroke in
December, which – despite his own speculation that it may have been
brought on by the stress of covering Washington politics – was the
result of undiagnosed pancreatic cancer that he had been unknowingly
living with for the past 4-5 years.

full:
https://consortiumnews.com/2018/01/28/robert-parrys-legacy-and-the-future-of-consortiumnews/