[Marxism] DSA member Ocasio-Cortez elected

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 14:09:10 MDT 2018

Concretely, in this November's election between O - C and her Republican
opponent with no independent of the Democrats working class candidate or
party in existence, do we maintain a Never Vote Democrat position??

I seem to recall Louis a few weeks ago stating that he was going to make an
exception to his lifelong stance and either vote for or donate (I forget)
to a local Democrat's campaign - (he didn't name the candidate).

As long as we carefully explain that there are rare exceptions to the rule,
I don't think that it's unprincipled to vote for an O - C WHEN THERE IS NO
LEFT ALTERNATIVE. Of course, opportunists will find many "exceptions" but
who said that revolutionary politics is simple?