[Marxism] DSA member Ocasio-Cortez elected

Michael Meeropol mameerop at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 15:54:20 MDT 2018

MAYBE in 2004 --- I don't remember worries about incipient fascism before
that --- (maybe 1984??)

in 2000 virtually the entire left argued that a vote for Gore was worthless
...most of us didn't think Bush would be as bad as he turned out to be ...

It is possible that Bush's policies in office spooked a lot of lefties into
wanting to get into bed with liberals --- I confess I'm guilty --- hence
the fears expressed in 2004 and the (now ridiculous) enthusiasm for Obama
in 2008 ....

But anyone with eyes and ears in 2016 should have seen fascism coming in
the person of Trump and his coalition ...