[Marxism] Antifa Activists Are Freaking Out About a Proposed 'Unmasking' Law - VICE

Michael Meeropol mameerop at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 06:49:30 MDT 2018

Recall that after the "DAYS OF RAGE" which introduced the Weatherman
faction of SDS to the nation in the Fall of 1969, one member of the group
was charged with a very serious crime because a stupid Chicago prosecutor
tried to tackle him and ended up paralyzed ---

Luckily, the individual protester was acquitted but it could have been much
worse --- AND --- the association of SDS with the tactics of the Weather
Underground basiically destroyed the movement that had been building and
growing in the years 1965-69.   I dont want to minimize the work of the
police and FBI and others in utilizing serious repression (including
murdering Black Panthers and other people from movements of color -- The
Chicano Moratorium comes to mind) but the use of adventurous tactics can be
VERY dangerous --- Imagine the kind of repression that would have come down
-- with strong support from the general public, the people we were trying
to reach, --- had the TOWN HOUSE not exploding killing three Weather people
but instead the bombs had actually been successfully planted at Fort Dix ...