[Marxism] The excuses some Marxists make for voting Democratic (part one) | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 13:31:14 MDT 2018

I think it's accurate to say that the DSA is much like the old SDS in its
relation to the Democratic Party.  It is both inside the Democratic Party
and outside of it.

The best way to think about this is probably not what radicals shouldn't be
doing in terms of electoral politics, but what they SHOULD be doing.  If
anyone can show me one single example of radicals going into the Democratic
party and building something useful to them (and not just useful to the
Democrats), I'd be quite willing to sit down and take a look at it.

ML