[Marxism] Fwd: brics-from-below bulletin: Johannesburg summit this week... counter-summit with Teach In (and on Thursday a protest)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jul 22 05:51:43 MDT 2018

<https://peoplesbrics.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/brics-politricks-for-july-2018-johannesburg-teach-in.pdf>

Hello BRICS watchers,

The BRICS Summit, with Temer-Putin-Modi-Xi-Ramaphosa, joined by
Erdogan-Al-Sisi-Macri-etc - begins on Wednesday. Already,
brics-from-below folk are gathering.

      First, we have a new book for free download here
<https://peoplesbrics.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/brics-politricks-for-july-2018-johannesburg-teach-in.pdf>.
It will be updated over the course of the week, as our partners from
around the world chime in with new critical analysis and as various
official resolutions are passed. (For example, the 2018 Civil BRICS
resolution is available, as you see here
<https://peoplesbrics.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/brics-politricks-for-july-2018-johannesburg-teach-in.pdf>
- not elsewhere online yet.)

      If you're in Johannesburg, join us to discuss multiple crises -
political, social, economic and ecological - and society's responses at
the University of the Witwatersrand School of Governance on
Monday-Tuesday, 9am-6pm (2 St David's Place, Parktown). *(**Please RSVP
to **bricsfrombelow2018 at gmail.com**for catering purposes.)***Well-known
scholars, commentators, journalists and NGO experts will be with us. I
can send you the final programme later today if you're interested; let
me know by email. And there will be more updates soon about follow-up
activism.

Cheers,

Patrick

***