[Marxism] The New York City real estate/housing crisis, part 3 | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jul 23 10:08:17 MDT 2018

An ongoing impromptu demonstration across the street from my high-rise
building on Manhattan’s exclusive upper east side reminded me of a
series of posts I started on real estate. Kaia, a tiny wine bar that
featured mostly appetizers native to South Africa that was shut down by
the tax collectors, has prompted its loyal customers to post statements
of solidarity on its windows next to the tax collector’s scary looking
red sign. In all the years I have been living in Manhattan, I have never
seen such a proclamation even though bankruptcy notices are omnipresent.

full:
https://louisproyect.org/2018/07/23/the-new-york-city-real-estate-housing-crisis-part-3/