[Marxism] Nicaragua: A View from the Left

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jul 25 16:19:09 MDT 2018

On 7/25/18 5:53 PM, Richard Modiano via Marxism wrote:
> During the Central America wars of the 1970s and 80s I regularly read
> NACLA's Report from the Americas and found it generally reliable. This
> article seems reasoned and balanced to me.
>
> https://nacla.org/news/2018/07/25/nicaragua-view-left
>
> Richard Modiano

The question is not whether Ortega is an authoritarian, capitalist
figure or not. Rather it is the likelihood of someone much worse than
him becoming the new president. Until the opposition begins to coalesce
around a clear, democratic, and economically viable program with a
leader who has some kind of credentials as a Nicaraguan patriot, we are
likely to end up with someone like the bastards that run Guatemala,
Honduras and Colombia.