[Marxism] Why the Russia-Trump Collusion Conspiracy Theory Isn’t Catching On

Jason jasonh99 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:25:59 MDT 2018

I think articles like this are unhelpful and dangerous, and this one is
certainly full of inaccuracies.

This one is particularly egregious:

"WikiLeaks didn’t get the DNC documents from Russia or any other state
actor. They got them from a disgruntled pro-Bernie Sanders staffer at the
DNC."

If anyone wants to review the evidence, it's clear that it was Russian
intelligence and the idea that it was a DNC staffer was a cover story.
Seymour Hersch backed up this cover story with the same "single-source
method" he's been using on Syria though he tried to walk this one back.

Now, you're not going to have a livestream of the Russian military carrying
out the DNC hack and then you could still claim it was faked. However, the
following claim is easily refutable:

"Anyway, the intelligence community — you know, the friendly folks at the
CIA, FBI and NSA whom Democrats worship the way Republicans revered
firefighters after 9/11 — says whatever Russian hacking occurred did not
affect the outcome of the election."

This is a common right wing talking point.

However, one can read the report
https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf and it clearly says:

"We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on
the outcome of the 2016 election."

The fact the left is repeating right wing talking points that are laughably
easy to refute is disturbing to me.

-Jason Hicks

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 7:44 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <