[Marxism] Why the Russia-Trump Collusion Conspiracy Theory Isn’t Catching On

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 26 20:24:25 MDT 2018

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/07/26/why-the-russia-trump-collusion-conspiracy-theory-isnt-catching-on/ <https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/07/26/why-the-russia-trump-collusion-conspiracy-theory-isnt-catching-on/>"Anyway, the intelligence community — you know, the friendly folks at the CIA, FBI and NSA whom Democrats worship the way Republicans revered firefighters after 9/11 — says whatever Russian hacking occurred did not affect the outcome of the election.”

I frankly doubt that the “intelligence community” said any such thing.  How could they know how effective the Russian intervention was?
Think of another historical example. The Italian election of 1948.  There is no dispute that’d the CIA intervened against the Communist Party.  But could any of us prove that the intervention was effective?  How could we prove that unless hundreds of thousands of voters kept diaries and we had access to those diaries?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Italy <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Italy>