[Marxism] The Curious Case of Pro-Trump Leftism

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jul 27 06:06:39 MDT 2018

On 7/27/18 7:51 AM, Michael Meeropol wrote:
> call me old fashioned -- or a "liberal wimp" --- but I cannot for the
> life of me understand who Draitser thinks he is "reaching" with this
> piece of writing --- I mean even if one agrees with the complete
> substance of what he's trying to communicate, the style --- the
> put-downs --- the snide references make it difficult to FOLLOW let alone
> be "convinced" .....
>
> WTF!!

Eric Draitser is an important barometer of thinking among those leftists
who have developed a critique of opinions he once held himself.
Counterpunch used to publish Diana Johnstone who still adheres to these
views. Its move toward more reality-based views on Russia prompted this
screed:

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/05/21/antifa-or-antiwar-leftist-exclusionism-against-the-quest-for-peace/

If I had written such an article, I would have named names including
Stephen F. Cohen as well as Johnstone. But not everybody is as
contentious as me, thank goodness.