[Marxism] David Graeber: manufactured ignorance: the strange case of Juan Cole and the Kurdish freedom movement

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Mar 1 15:08:39 MST 2018

On 3/1/18 5:01 PM, Nick Fredman wrote:

> Louis uses “Kurds” for these placard holders when he does not know their
> ethnicity, or, more to the point if we don’t want to ape lazy, ignorant
> journalists in the bourgeois media, their political affiliations or views.

Maybe that's because my views were shaped by PYD leader Salih Muslim
calling the sarin gas attack in East Ghouta that cost the lives of more
than a thousand people a "false flag". Any leader capable of making such
a terrible statement is creating an atmosphere where it is entirely
plausible that his followers would hold pictures of the killer of those
people aloft.