[Marxism] Fwd: Trump's tariffs made him labor unions' man of steel – VICE News

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Mar 3 06:06:56 MST 2018

“I’m very supportive of what the president has done,” Democratic Rep.
Tim Ryan of Ohio, who has a lifetime 98 percent rating from the AFL-CIO
and may run for president in 2020, told VICE News. “What China has been
doing is bullshit. They’re cheating, they’re subsidizing their product.”

The AFL-CIO’s President Richard Trumka and the United Steelworkers’
(USW) President Leo Gerard also applauded Trump’s proposals. “For too
long, our political leaders have talked about the problem but have
largely left enforcement of our trade laws up to the private sector,”
Gerard said in a statement. “Now, we need to work to finalize the design
of relief and implement it.”

full:
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/ywq4jk/trumps-tariffs-made-him-labor-unions-man-of-steel