[Marxism] Fwd: UNAM 1 – The profit investment nexus | Michael Roberts Blog

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Mar 8 06:05:48 MST 2018

My first lecture to the economics faculty of the Autonomous National
University of Mexico (UNAM) was on the relationship between profits and
profitability and investment and economic growth in capitalist
economies. Do profits and profitability lead investment and GDP into
slumps and out of them, or vice versa?  In my view, this is one of the
big divisions between the Keynesian and Marxist theory of crises, or
booms, slumps and depressions in capitalism. For all the references to
research etc made below, see my paper: The profit investment nexus

full:
https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2018/03/07/unam-1-the-profit-investment-nexus/