[Marxism] The best TV criticism I've ever read: The Wire and the World (Jacobin)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Mar 11 14:49:06 MDT 2018

On 3/11/18 11:25 AM, DW via Marxism wrote:

> Considered by many to be the best television drama series ever, *The Wire*
> ran from June 2, 2002, to March 9, 2008. Made and set in Baltimore, it
> employed a large ensemble cast playing cops, junkies, dealers, lawyers,
> judges, dockers, prostitutes, prisoners, teachers, students, politicians,
> and journalists.

David Simon is a horse's ass. I once watched 10 minutes of "The Wire"
and turned it off because it was racist crap as Ishmael Reed pointed out
in an interview:

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/09/30/no_it_relies_on_clichs_about_blacks_and_drugs/

I did watch all of Simon's "The Deuce" and hated it:

https://louisproyect.org/2017/09/13/the-deuce/