[Marxism] The best TV criticism I've ever read: The Wire and the World (Jacobin)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Mar 12 08:19:26 MDT 2018

On 3/12/18 9:43 AM, DW via Marxism wrote:
> Louis seems the
> only person I've ever heard of who didn't like the series...and also likely
> didn't read the review. Birds of a feather...sad.
>
> David

My views on David Simon are based not on "The Wire" but on "The Deuce".
It was pure, unadulterated garbage. Simon's associate Richard Price had
a lot to do with this steaming pile of manure. Price's detective novels
are cut from the same cloth as Simon's teleplays. It exploits Black
criminality for the lurid tastes of a middle-class audience.