[Marxism] Punching Nazis Revisited

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Mar 13 16:52:38 MDT 2018

On 3/13/18 5:56 PM, Saman Sepehri via Marxism wrote:
> Punching a Nazi is a red herring. Who cares if you punch one.

Look, punching Nazis is easy. You don't need to have a clue about
strategy or tactics to do it. In fact, the video of Richard Spencer
getting punched that went viral could have been done with someone who
has never organized anything in his life.

Furthermore, confrontations of this sort pose terrible risks. As I have
pointed out, people are facing prison terms of more than 20 years for
having been caught up in a black bloc action on Inauguration Day.

Finally, Richard Spencer has zero political consequences in the USA. If
someone can persuade me that the labor movement will be strengthened by
these antics or that transgender people will be able to use the bathroom
of their choice or--relative to Michigan State University--that adjuncts
will get the pay and benefits of other professors, I'll go out and punch
a Nazi myself.