[Marxism] Ruth McKenny

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 16 11:15:12 MDT 2018

Andrew Pollack cites an article which reports on the expulsion of some critics from the CP at the end of WWII.
https://www.marxists.org/history/erol/1946-1956/militant-opp-1.htm <https://www.marxists.org/history/erol/1946-1956/militant-opp-1.htm>

There was a parallel development in the Communist Party of Canada, at least in British Columbia.
I remember our comrade Reg Bullock referring to the “Fergie McKean syndrome,” “If only Stalin knew.”
He was suggesting that there were CP supporters who rejected the party line, but believed that Stalin would correct the errors if only he could be made aware of them.
			ken h

https://www.marxists.org/history/erol/ca.postww2/mckeanletter.htm <https://www.marxists.org/history/erol/ca.postww2/mckeanletter.htm>

https://www.marxists.org/history/erol/ca.postww2/mckeanbook/index.htm <https://www.marxists.org/history/erol/ca.postww2/mckeanbook/index.htm>

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/this-week-in-history-1940-with-the-second-world-war-heating-up-canada-bans-many-left-wing-organizations <http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/this-week-in-history-1940-with-the-second-world-war-heating-up-canada-bans-many-left-wing-organizations>