[Marxism] Syria Under Siege: Guarding Against Wolves in Sheep Clothing - YouTube

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Mar 28 11:45:30 MDT 2018

On 3/28/18 1:35 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

> Apparently there is a pretty bitter split in the Assadist camp. This
> video has Paul Laurudee denouncing Beeley and Bartlett as being
> unqualified as journalists. It seems that people like Laurudee and the
> woman who is narrating this video have begun to distance themselves from
> the White Helmet/terrorist propaganda that B&B spew out, as do obviously
> the Max Blumethal gang.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=446&v=aOio1baDxd4

One of the other Assadists interviewed in this video who has broken with
B&B is Barbara McKenzie, a pretty toxic figure in her own right.
However, in blogging about the video, she had this to say:

I have always thought Beeley and Bartlett knew their stuff about Syria,
with no need to lie to get their point across. However there has been a
certain amount of sensationalising of what is known, and improving the
story. There is evidence that Ghassan Alabed, Bana’s lawyer father,
worked in the eye hospital when ISIS used it as a base. Given the Syrian
government’s policy of reconciliation, it’s not for us to declare, as
Beeley did, that Ghassan served on a sharia count condemning Syrian
soldiers to torture and death. We don’t know that he served on such a
court, the courts have a wide range of functions, and in any case,
Ghassan, clearly NOT an extremist, may even have been a force for a good.

Likewise, the declaration that the White Helmets carried out a mass
murder as a false flag in Khan Sheikhoun. There is no evidence that
anyone died at Khan Sheikhoun – it’s not for us to point the finger at
everyone involved in the hoax as a war criminal, whatever our own views
of them.

full:
https://barbaramckenzie.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/newsbuds-expose-of-beeley-and-bartlett-comment/