[Marxism] To combat left anti-semitism, Corbynism must change the way it sees the world

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Mar 29 08:29:07 MDT 2018

On 3/29/18 10:06 AM, Sheldon Ranz via Marxism wrote:
> Louis Proyect and I have both pointed out in past threads here your, to put
> it charitably, hostile attitudes toward Jews.

Huh? I did no such thing.

Frankly, my only concern about Mear One's mural is not that the threat
it poses to the Jews but to the left. I get angry over Corbyn's lack of
defense, to put it into a sports context, not over his supposedly
encouraging pogroms. If you really want to understand what anti-Semitism
can do, go see the movie "A Bag of Marbles" about 2 boys who denied
being Jewish during the Vichy regime.

My main interest is in building the left. That is why I write criticisms
of ultraleftism, such as embodied in the "punch a Nazi" tropes or George
C-M's appearances on the Tucker Carlson show.

I am absolutely in favor of Corbyn becoming the Prime Minister of
England. Anything that gets in the way has to be moved aside. He has
surrounded himself with the conspiracy-mongering louts of the Stop the
War Coalition. They are not acting as the proper antenna he needs to
ward off these threats. In fact, they serve as blinders.