[Marxism] An extraordinary meeting on Syria | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue May 22 13:31:51 MDT 2018

Last night I attended a meeting on “From Syria to Palestine: The Fight
for Justice” in Brooklyn that was extraordinary on a number of levels.
To start with, it was attended by at least 80 people, standing room
only. It was also marked by a high degree of unity with groups focused
on Syria or Palestine endorsing the event alongside those of left like
the ISO and the Green Party’s Howie Hawkins. Finally, there was a talk
by Anand Gopal on the people of Saraqib, a town that epitomizes the 7
year resistance to Assad. My impression is that Stanley Heller of the
Connecticut-based Promoting Enduring Peace played a major role in
pulling this together. For this, we are in his debt.

full: https://louisproyect.org/2018/05/22/an-extraordinary-meeting-on-syria/