[Marxism] Israel’s Premature Celebration: Gazans Have Crossed the Fear Barrier

Ralph Johansen mdriscollrj at charter.net
Wed May 23 11:37:55 MDT 2018

Dennis Brasky wrote

http://www.palestinechronicle.com/israels-premature-celebration-gazans-have-crossed-the-fear-barrier/

As I read this, two images crossed my mind. One was the profane image of
the knight errant in Monty Python's skit where he challenges a gigantic
warrior in an impregnable suit of armor. As the knight attacks, the
giant methodically clops off his arms one by one, then finally his legs,
and the bloodied knight, who has all the time been contemptuously
taunting the giant, is shouting something like, "Is that the best you
can do? I'll best you with this shattered sword in my teeth."

But the other is "The Battle of Algiers." For those who don't know or
remember, what I recall is the leadership of the battle for
independence, through the French practices of utterly savage torture and
spies, are systematically tracked down and eliminated. Then there is an
ominous interval. There appears several years later the rising of
virtually the entire populace of Algiers, with the women ululating and
everyone singing liberation songs and shouting slogans. Shortly after,
the French retreat and the Algerians have their native land back They
had crossed the fear barrier.

Either way, maybe, "a likely story."

---