[Marxism] On the massive victory for women's right to aboprtion access in Ireland last Friday

Philip Ferguson philipferguson8 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:33:24 MDT 2018

“I think for so many people in this country the weekend’s vote was just
like an enormous weight being lifted – a ball and chain that dogged us all
our adult life being finally gone. And I can’t believe that I’m 50 years of
age and it’s taken this long. . .  I think for so many women it represented
so much.  It’s almost like society atoning for everything it’s done to
women in this country.  Atoning for how we stigmatised women faced with
crisis pregnancies, the Magdalene Laundries, the Mother and Baby Homes, the
shaming, the forced adoptions, the robbed identities. . .  For me, the
biggest sentiment of the Yes vote, the thing that people said the most was,
‘Who am I to judge? It’s not my decision.'”

With these words, spoken this week in the Dublin parliament, independent
Marxist TD (MP) Clare Daly, welcomed the massive victory for women’s rights
and human progress in the referendum vote last Friday, May 25. . .

full article at:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2018/05/31/historic-victory-for-womens-rights-and-social-progress-in-ireland/