[Marxism] 50 years of radical political economy | Michael Roberts Blog

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Oct 2 05:45:16 MDT 2018

The 50th anniversary conference of the Union of Radical Political
Economy (URPE) finished last weekend.  URPE has played an important role
in developing and enhancing alternative economic theory and analysis to
the dominant mainstream theories in modern economics.  It has survived
despite the long reaction in economics during the ‘neo-liberal’ era that
we have been subjected to since the 1980s – where even the so-called
‘progressive’ economics of Keynesians was submerged under the general
equilibrium, ‘free market’ economics of the neoclassical mainstream.

I was unable to attend to conference held at the University of
Massachusetts, Amherst, so my comments on proceedings will be solely
based on some of the papers presented that I have obtained and also from
some of the comments on the sessions by participants. This is obviously
inadequate but I think it is still worth doing if only to publicise the
role of URPE and to let readers of my blog know the sort of issues being
debated.

https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2018/10/02/50-years-of-radical-political-economy/