[Marxism] ‘Sokal Squared’: Is Huge Publishing Hoax ‘Hilarious and Delightful’ or an Ugly Example of Dishonesty and Bad Faith? - The Chronicle of Higher Education

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Oct 8 13:22:58 MDT 2018

On 10/8/18 3:11 PM, A.R. G via Marxism wrote:
> It's funny, but basically proves nothing. Note also that they are
> suggesting that "left" means post-structuralism and identity politics, what
> most on this list would probably label right-wing or at least, not leftism.

Actually, Bard College senior projects sound like they were hoaxes
written by these 3. In my view, the administration and board of trustees
of places where this postmodernist stuff dominates, like Barnard, Sarah
Lawrence et al, conspires to hire people like Avitai Ronell because it
is a substitute for Marxism, as shabby as it is. Some hedge fund
billionaire on the board has no problem with professors assigning
Lyotard and Baudrillard. Marx is another story altogether.