[Marxism] Duplicitous Khashoggi Picked the Wrong Prince

RKOB aktiv at rkob.net
Mon Oct 15 23:57:30 MDT 2018

Things are a bit more complicated.

"Khashoggi Picked the Wrong Prince" - well, yes, he picked the one who
is the most reactionary, most Trumpian, most dangerous, in short, a
bulwark of the Arab counterrevolution.

"he was a loyal member of the Saudi propaganda apparatus" - well, not
loyal enough obviously as he criticized the Yemen war, repression
against women activists, etc.

It is true that Western media are sympathetic to Khashoggi.This is a)
because he was one of them to a certain degree (columnist of Washington
Post) and b) because many liberals hate Trump (and MbS is Trumps' man in
the Arab world).

Of course, as Marxists we have a very different agenda than the
liberals. But it is good (and not bad) if the liberals are forced to
attack the most arch-reactionary enemies and to defend a moderate
semi-liberal (like Khashoggi). This is particularly true if people like
Khashoggi are slaughtered by the arch-reactionaries not because they
were not left-wing enough but because they were not right-wing enough.
(I hope my English is sufficiently understandable!)

--
Revolutionär-Kommunistische Organisation BEFREIUNG
(Österreichische Sektion der RCIT, www.thecommunists.net)
aktiv at rkob.net
Tel./SMS/WhatsApp/Telegram: +43-650-4068314

---