[Marxism] Caitlin Johnstone on Kashoggi murder

RKOB aktiv at rkob.net
Fri Oct 19 20:18:43 MDT 2018

Just a brief comment on this:

I think it is really telling to see which forces take such a position
creating doubts about the killing of Kashoggi, trying to undermine his
reputation etc.

a) hard-line Trump supporters, Western Islamophobics, ultra-reactionary
right-wing people.

b) supporters of Putin/China/Assad

c) Israel and its supporters (I think I forwarded an article in Haaretz
on Kashoggi recently)

And don't forget the General Sisi's et al in the Arab world. (And let us
not forget the deafening silence of the Kurdish SDF/YPG on the Kashoggi
killing. However, now, as the Saudi kingdom has been forced to admit the
slaughter, the YPG is allowed to say something - but surely nothing
which will hurt the feelings of chainsaw-MBS! See on this in a minute)

This kind of "united front" (not as a conspiracy but as a joint
"sentiment", "natural instinct") reflects the extremely reactionary
nature of all of them. It confirms, among others, the reactionary nature
of the Israel supporters (instead of praising Israel as a "liberal
democracy") as well as of the Assad dictatorship and Russian and Chinese
imperialism (instead of praising it as "anti-imperialist").

I allow myself to draw attention to our article on the Kashoggi murder:

https://www.thecommunists.net/worldwide/africa-and-middle-east/the-barbaric-slaughter-of-jamal-khashoggi/