[Marxism] The first YPG Statement on the Kashoggi killing

RKOB aktiv at rkob.net
Sat Oct 20 20:42:44 MDT 2018

There are several problems with this reply:

1) Stalinist Cuba was dependent on and opportunistic towards the USSR, a
deformed workers state involved in a cold war with the imperialist
powers. The YPG is dependent on and opportunistic towards US imperialism
and the Saudi Kingdom, which are among the world's most reactionary powers.

2) Turkey shall be "the most powerful state in the Middle East apart
from Israel". Leaving aside that the U.S. and Russia are certainly more
powerful states in the Middle East, there are other states in the region
which are certainly not less powerful than Turkey: Iran, Saudi Arabia
(which pays the YPG) and Egypt.

You simply take over the PKK/YPG narrative that Kurdistan is the
starting point to understand the Middle East and to take positions. In
fact, the Middle East and the world relations are the starting point to
understand the Middle East (as well as Kurdistan)and to take positions.

3) Nevertheless, your comparison with Granma is not completely wrong:
the Cuban Stalinists implemented the same opportunistic policy of
following the interests of the Soviet foreign policy. The Stalinist
parties in the West did the same. According to your logic, this can be
excused because they were paid by Moscow. The YPG deploys the same logic
- it just replaced the USSR with US imperialism. All this is the logic
of political prostitution - serve those who are paying you. This has
nothing to do with Marxism!

In the end you have to decide: are you an Australian opportunist serving
Kurdish nationalists who serve US imperialism or are you an
internationalist Marxist?