[Marxism] Syria: Assad threatens Idlib while Afrin resists Turkish occupation (Green Left Weekly)

RKOB aktiv at rkob.net
Fri Sep 14 05:49:34 MDT 2018

But comrade, look, your arguments lack inner logic.

We agree that has been no or very little violence in the "Rojava
Revolution" but very much violence in the Syrian Revolution.

Your explanation for this is: "Presumably the soldiers had no desire to
die for Assad. Hence they surrendered."

If that would be the explanation, one has to ask: why did the Assadist
soldiers have "no desire to die for Assad" in Rojava but, presumable,
had "very much desire to die for Assad" in the rest of the country?!

You say: "Its troop strength in Rojava had been reduced". But WHY had
Assads troop strength in Rojava been reduced? WHY did Assad not put
enough military troops to Rojava but very many to the other parts of the
country?! If Assads relations with the YPG would have been as bad as
with the FSA et al, he would have fought for control over the Kurdish
North of the country. But he did not.

No, comrade, your explanation simply lack any logic. It is obvious that
Assad always viewed the YPG as a qualitative lesser evil than the Syrian
Revolution and that his regime agreed in summer 2012 about handing over
this part of the country to the YPG. For that reason they have not too
much difficulties now to negotiate again.

--
Revolutionär-Kommunistische Organisation BEFREIUNG
(Österreichische Sektion der RCIT, www.thecommunists.net)
aktiv at rkob.net
Tel./SMS/WhatsApp/Telegram: +43-650-4068314

---