[Marxism] Jeremy Corbyn and the Crisis of Anti-Semitism | The Nation

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:41:38 MDT 2018

> *why* anti-Semitism exists onthe fringes of the Labour Party

It doesn't. At least, not any more than you can find a little bit of every
type of crazy in every large group of people. There is no organized
anti-Jewish tendency within the Labour Party, and virtually every attempt
to highlight one has been about rightly condemning Israel and Zionism, not
Jew-hatred. The rest are incredibly faint: some guy from a small Palestine
organization that Corbyn visited once separately, on his own accord, took
to denying the Holocaust; a mural that has anti-Jewish overtones that
Corbyn did not recognize (like most people); etc. It is non-sense and some
parts of the Left are jumping on the Tory bandwagon because they have *other
*problems with Corbyn, like his association with Stalinists and apologists
for Assad. Apparently, knowing that nobody cares about that, they've
settled on joining Israel's state-sponsored
<https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/asa-winstanley/new-challenge-israels-effort-undermine-jeremy-corbyn>
smear campaign. Sad but not surprising to see those who know better joining
it. Reminds me of Chomsky on the same campaigns in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvVlM5RlSe0&t=01h37m51s

Amith R. Gupta