[Marxism] A world of tyrants and graves - Ilham Ahmed (NYT)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 21 16:14:33 MDT 2018

On 9/21/18 5:42 PM, Chris Slee via Marxism wrote:
> ead looting.
> As long as Syria, or any other country, has a leader who desires more control than a liberal democracy can provide, violence will continue to spread. At a time when hundreds of thousands of people have been killed simply to consolidate power for a few, democracy must be defended by more than just rhetoric. To believe otherwise is to resign oneself to a world of nothing but tyrants and graves.

Although I am wasting my breath, let me state that Chris Slee undermines
support for the Rogava cause by using Marxmail as nothing but a place to
post about it. It is the same thing we got from Yoshie Furuhashi about
Iran and the same thing we got from Walter Lippmann about Cuba. They
rarely posted outside those narrow frameworks. It always gave me the
feeling that we were on the ground and someone was in an airplane
throwing leaflets to the ground. Single-issue interventions like this
tends to breed resistance and is a sign that despite the restructuring
of the Australian Trotskyist movement, its post-incarnation still has
some bad habits.