[Marxism] Anthoney Bourdains last words to his audiance

DW dwaltersmia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:12:29 MDT 2018

The best essay/review I've read on the final episodes of Anthony Bourdain's
"Parts Unknown". His last episode was with comedian and writers, W. Kamau
Bell which took place in Kenya. The essay says in part:

"Who gets to tell the stories? This is a question asked often. The answer
in this case, for better or worse, is I do. At least this time I do,"
Bourdain says in his final narration. "I do my best. I look. I listen. But
in the end I know. It's my story, not Kumau's, not Kenya's or Kenyans.
Those stories are yet to be heard."

"Those words, his last to us, are almost chilling to hear, knowing what we
know now. And they also offer something of a challenge. For 17 years, he
told the stories. Who will tell them now?"

Full:
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a23342650/anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-season-12-premiere-episode-review/