[Marxism] Getting longer but lower | Michael Roberts Blog

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Apr 2 05:36:49 MDT 2019

As I said in my last post, it appears that what I call the Long
Depression in the major capitalist economies since the end of the Great
Recession in 2009, is not over.  I define this Long Depression as one
where global growth in real GDP, trade, investment and wage incomes are
well below the previous pre-crisis rate up to 2007 and the differential
between where GDP and investment would be if trend growth had continued
over the last ten years and where they actually are remains, with little
narrowing at all.

https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2019/04/01/getting-longer-but-lower/