[Marxism] Pluralism in economics: mainstream, heterodox and Marxist | Michael Roberts Blog

Michael Meeropol mameerop at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 01:54:06 MDT 2019

My view -- from Joan Robinson -- is you can have a rate of exploitation
without recourse to the labor theory of value -- the distribution of the
fruits of production (HOWEVER MEASURED -- which permits using only prices
and money wages) is based on struggle both at the point of production and
at thepoint of "realization" --- and that is what drives capitalism
forwards.  You don't need a "value theory" at all -- it just wastes time
and energy.

(I know -- this is me being a real "philistine" and revealing a lack of
real theoretical grounding --- but there you have it ....)

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 7:44 AM Louis Proyect via Marxism <