[Marxism] Huffington Post: New York Times Apologizes For Anti-Semitic Cartoon In International Edition

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Sun Apr 28 19:05:47 MDT 2019

I found the cartoon to have troubling symbolage with the use of the Star of David and the Yamika on Trump, as being anti-Jewish.
It follows a historical usage of anti-Jew hatred.   Those as myself who are not of Jewish ancestry, need to be aware and sensitive to
how such images and messages, are used to spread hate.   That the Star of David was used by zionist to promote their state and views,
is to suggest that other symbols used by one segment or sector of another identity group - represents ALL of that group.

I am no fan of any organized religion.  Too often myelf been attaked by religious fanatics, but I understand the difference of one or a
group, as for the whole ancestry of a people and those with religious beliefs, being ALL bad and an enemy and to be feared and hated.
It is why I oppose zionism and all forms of wrong misplaced superiority over others.

I took the time to learn about history of injustice - and hate and fear of those "different".  As a atheist, I will wear a Star of David,
or another symbol, if a way to show resistance to wrong and of usually religious based intolerance, focused on those "different".

As usual, anti-Semitism conflated with anti-Zionism by arguing some sort of
vague rhetorical similarity. NYT's apology is simply an extension of the
paper's regular Zionist and anti-Arab & anti-Muslim propaganda.

Amith R. Gupta