[Marxism] Understanding the El Paso killer’s manifesto in context | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Aug 4 17:07:05 MDT 2019

Yesterday I posted the manifesto written by Patrick Crusius to 8Chan, a
website favored by white supremacists, just before he murdered or
wounded dozens at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas. Some people have written
comments on my blog or on FB questioning why I would give him publicity.
I answered that since so much of his manifesto sounds like it could have
been written by a leftist, it was incumbent on the left to explain this.
So, here goes.

To start with, a mixture of nativism and leftist politics is not a new
phenomenon in American history. Founded in 1844 and dissolved in 1860,
the Know Nothing Party was trying to keep out Catholics, which meant the
Irish basically but also some Germans. In 1854, they ran abolitionist
Nathaniel Banks for president.

full:
https://louisproyect.org/2019/08/04/understanding-the-el-paso-killers-manifesto-in-context/