[Marxism] How the German Communist Party adapted to nationalism in the early 1920s | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Aug 6 10:37:47 MDT 2019

In my follow-up commentary on the El Paso killer’s manifesto, someone
took issue to my pointing out that the German Communist Party adapted to
fascist ideology in the early 1920s. I had called attention to Karl
Radek’s eulogy to Albert Schlageter, a member of the Freikorps—the
rightwing militia that killed Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht.
Additionally, I referred to a speech by Ruth Fischer that contained
anti-Semitic rhetoric, designed to appeal to fascists in a mass meeting.

In comment #7 at
https://louisproyect.org/2019/08/04/understanding-the-el-paso-killers-manifesto-in-context/#comments,