[Marxism] How real is the eco-fascist threat? | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 9 16:46:51 MDT 2019

In a manifesto that was posted to 8Chan just before he carried out his
murderous attack on Walmart shoppers in El Paso, Patrick Crusius
expressed “Green” values that are widespread on the left:

	The American lifestyle affords our citizens an incredible quality of
life. However, our lifestyle is destroying the environment of our
country. The decimation of the environment is creating a massive burden
for future generations. Corporations are heading the destruction of our
environment by shamelessly overharvesting resources. This has been a
problem for decades. For example, this phenomenon is brilliantly
portrayed in the decades old classic “The Lorax”.

Dr. Seuss wrote “The Lorax” in 1971 as a protest against corporate
despoliation of the environment. The contrast between a racist mass
murderer and a gentle children’s book could not be starker. It is no
wonder that there have been multiple attempts to come to terms with his
eco-fascism.

This is not the first amalgam of Green and Brown values from a neo-Nazi
terrorist. On March 15, 2019, an Australian named Brenton Tarrant killed
50 Muslims in a New Zealand mosque justifying his attack on the
“replacement” theory that motivated Patrick Crusius. Crusius paid
tribute to Tarrant in the first paragraph of his manifesto.

full:
https://louisproyect.org/2019/08/09/how-real-is-the-eco-fascist-threat/