[Marxism] Warnings, Ancient and Modern - CounterPunch.org

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 16 06:28:04 MDT 2019

By Victor Grossman

The Berlin Wall was broken down almost thirty years ago. Before then, we
all made sarcastic jokes about its official designation by East German
(GDR) party leaders as “anti-fascist protective barrier”.  We all knew
better why it was erected. But hearing racist ranting by AfD leaders now
hoping for victories and watching – or opposing – gangs of marching
thugs with barely–paraphrased Nazi slogans, from East Berlin to southern
Saxony, we must wonder if perhaps that scorned terminology also
contained just a bit of truth.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/08/16/warnings-ancient-and-modern/