[Marxism] Quentin Tarantino, Eileen Jones, and the perils of film school theorizing | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Jeffrey Masko j.alan.masko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 14:01:14 MDT 2019

 No, you are not stepping on my toes because Cinema and Media Studies is a
real thing taught in higher ed, "Film Journalism" - or movie reviewing, is
not. You do catch my attention though, like sand in the eyes, when you try
to present what you do on your blog as something that connects Marxist
theories - of film, media, or anything else - to film, media, or other
moments of cultural production. Not sure if you call yourself a Marxist
film reviewer, but it's more like a film reviewer that happens to be a
Marxist.

jm