[Marxism] Katyn

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Aug 22 17:14:12 MDT 2019

On 8/22/19 7:01 PM, Glenn Kissack wrote:
> Okay, but I read his book on Katyn and his meticulous research is very impressive.
>
> Glenn

You really need to look at this thing politically. The men killed in
Katyn were Polish nationalists and completely anti-Communist. While not
so far to the right as Stephen Bandera, they were possible allies of the
Germans against the USSR. You also have to examine the Soviet occupation
of the eastern half of Poland that involved massive repression
consistent with Stalin's against his own countryman. If he was ready to
send top Soviet generals to their death for no good reason, why would he
not want to kill Poland's nationalist elite?