[Marxism] A Penn Law Professor Wants to Make America White Again | The New Yorker

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 23 10:05:06 MDT 2019

 From an interview with Amy Wax, a white supremacist professor at the
University of Pennsylvania Law School,

Q: You said one person who pursued a version of cultural-distance
nationalism was Enoch Powell, who you call a “prophet without honor.”
You said he is an “outcast—unjustly I think.” And you added that “I
think this is the only conference in the continental United States where
Enoch Powell gets two honorable mentions,” and someone answered, “Might
make it the last.” You replied, “I hope not.” Do you think Powell was a
racist?

A: There you go again. Can you define racism for me? Is so-and-so a
racist? Where are we getting with that? Define racist. I have no idea
what you mean. It is a bludgeon that is a promiscuous term. You define
what a racist is, and I will spend two seconds addressing that question
because it is sterile.

Q: You think that in the U.S. today that’s a sterile question?

A: Yes, I do, because it prevents us from dealing with real,
down-to-earth, concrete problems. I don’t go on Twitter. I don’t have a
smartphone, but the stuff the people send me. Is he a racist? Is she a
racist? Is this person a racist?

Q: Well, let me answer your question. Powell himself famously stated,
“What is wrong with racism? Racism is the basis of nationality.”