[Marxism] Marx Memorial Library in London needs your help

Raju J Das rajudas at yorku.ca
Mon Dec 2 10:50:12 MST 2019

Forwarded message.
…
Raju J Das
York University, Toronto

From: <scisoc at googlegroups.com> on behalf of Paul C Mishler <paulc.mishler at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, December 2, 2019 at 10:29 AM
To: "scisoc at googlegroups com" <scisoc at googlegroups.com>
Subject: [S&S ed board] Marx Memorial Library in London

Comrades,
Last fall the Marx Memorial Library suffered major rain damage. The library is one of the major repository for archives and books relating to Marxism and the Working Class movement in English.
The building itself, 37 Clerkenwell Green has been in the radical movement since the early 19th century. It was where Lenin's office was when he edited Iskra from London (his office and desk are still there).
I am attaching the appeal and hope some of us can contribute. I would also like to propose that we publish it in the next issue, and I would like to raise this at our meeting on Saturday.

I am looking forward to seeing many of you on Saturday.

Paul C. Mishler
Associate Professor of Labor Studies-IUSB
"We will bring to birth a new world, from the ashes of the old"
(Solidarity Forever)