[Marxism] ‘Hijacked by Marxists’ · LRB

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Dec 11 08:40:29 MST 2019

‘Hijacked by Marxists’, promised the Sun: Corbyn’s ‘hardline cabal’
exposed! On Saturday, the paper published a network map it claimed was
drawn up by ‘former British intelligence officers’, detailing a web of
‘hard-left extremists’ supposed to lie behind the current Labour
leadership. It had even coded a natty little chatbot to help its readers
decipher the sprawling chart. ‘Who is James Butler?’ I asked it. It told
me I co-founded Novara Media, which is at least true – though it got the
dates wrong – and that I was connected to various people I’ve never met.
I have yet to be invited to any cabal, hardline or otherwise.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2019/december/hijacked-by-marxists