[Marxism] Get Brexit done! | Michael Roberts Blog

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Dec 13 06:20:35 MST 2019

The ‘leave’ view was stronger among those who are old enough to imagine
the ‘good old days’ of English ‘supremacy’ when ‘we were in control’
before joining the EU in the 1970s. Once in the EU, we had the volatile
1970s and the crushing of manufacturing and industrial communities in
the 1980s.  The flood of Eastern European immigrants (actually mainly to
the large cities) in the 2000s was the last straw.

https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2019/12/13/get-brexit-done/