[Marxism] Trump Should Be Removed from Office

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 20 12:49:48 MST 2019

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html <https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html>

Below is a note that I sent to another list re this item.
		ken h

Some evangelicals are now denouncing Trump.  It is hard to say what percentage of evangelicals they represent.
I think a couple of things are at work.  Some evangelicals, like many Republicans, have decided that Trump is the wave of the future and if they want to be involved, they’d better support him.  But there are others who are looking ahead and seeing a day of reckoning.  They anticipate a time when any association with Trump will discredit them.  As the author says, " If we don’t reverse course now, will anyone take anything we say about justice and righteousness with any seriousness for decades to come?”
Paul Ryan, formerly the Speaker of the House, is a good example of someone who has decided that he’s better take his distance from Trump if he wants a political future.

Another factor is the presence of the evangelical churches in other countries.  They often have missionaries in poorer countries.  Imagine being an evangelical active in Honduras or El Salvador and having to admit that some evangelicals back home support Trump.