[Marxism] How the Left Should Respond to Ethnic Cleansing in China

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Jan 17 05:42:16 MST 2019

On 1/16/19 10:02 PM, Andrew Stewart wrote:
> Can we at least agree on the fact that any argument that begins with
> citing Samantha Powers is a moral abortion? This clearly is written for
> the chorus of pwogwessive Democrats who say much, do little, and think
> even less.

But the article goes on to credit anti-imperialists for opposing "right
to protect" type interventions: "A group of anti-imperialist
intellectuals, in particular, have responded to Trump’s election by
crafting an avowedly left-wing foreign policy that doubts the efficacy
and morality of humanitarian intervention." The authors take their side
but warn against ending up in Grayzone territory, where anybody opposed
to the Chinese government is turned into an agent of imperialism.