[Marxism] From Exile to Dirtbag: Edgelord geopolitics and the rise of “National Bolshevism” in the U.S.

MM marxmail00 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 13:20:47 MST 2019

> On Jan 21, 2019, at 2:59 PM, Nick Fredman <nick.j.fredman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What evidence is there that CTH has “cultivated” a “red-brown politics”?

Of course that isn’t what I asserted. It does seem to me that CTH has to be seen as part of a broad range of cultural institutions (including also social media) that have made it more difficult to avoid the kind of distortions, simplifications and overstatements that both ARR’s writing and this thread (including Nick’s message) evince. Misrepresentation and overstatement are of course nothing new, but electronic communications allow such things to be amplified much more rapidly now and unfortunately I think that has created ripe cultural terrain for red-brown politics. That doesn’t mean that Taibbi or Ames or CTH are trying to cultivate such a thing.